Importance of Local Listing Management
Recently, Right Place Media has been getting questions on Local Listing Management from our clients. We provide this service to a number of our clients in many verticals.
Previous generations relied on the Yellow Pages and word of mouth to find the businesses and services they were looking for. Today, there are more than 4.77 Billion activated Cell Phones worldwide. Looks like Mashable was really close with their 2013 prediction. That is why Local Listing Management is so important.
When a potential customer is looking for a local business or service, they most likely pick up their phone or tablet first. Within a few seconds of finding your business online they will form an opinion. Good or bad. It’s important to put your best foot forward. You can use Google My Business, or hire an agency to manage your listings for you. This is common for the mutli-unit retail industry among others.
Below is a quick checklist of what your business will need for Local Listing Management.
- Consistent NAP (name, address & phone number)
- If listing your phone number, be sure someone will answer calls professionally.
- Accurate hours of operation
- Attractive photos of your business, products or services
- Your business follows Guidelines for Representing Your Business on Google
- Find and remove any incorrect or duplicate listings
- Website and/or landing pages have current product/service listing and pricing (if applicable)
If you would like Right Place Media to assist you with your Local Listing Management, please Contact Us Today.