What is Marketing Automation?
Marketing Automation is defined as using software to automate repetitive marketing tasks. Many SaaS vendors offer marketing automation as part of their “cloud” or suite of software. When combined with your customer data, the opportunity for personalization makes your marketing messages more relevant and effective. Find out about your customers, their behavior and deliver them the solution they are looking for. Technology is constantly improving especially in the area of email marketing.
We will focus on the basic programs of marketing automation via email marketing that you need to implement for your brand. All of these emails will be automatically triggered. Once the automation is set up, it runs continuously.
- Welcome email
- Stand-alone email – welcoming them to the club
- Welcome Series
- Email #1 – collect information on your customer, have them complete registration with their preferences.
- Email #2 – send an offer after registration is complete to drive sales.
- NOTE: you can make the offer for email #2 conditional based on what preferences they choose (ie: product preference, demographic etc.)
- Birthday email
- Recognize customers on their birthday, with or without a special offer.
- Sales Drivers
- Branding and Promotion emails – communicate new product offerings, sales etc.
- Point of Sale Systems – data fed back from your registers to your database allows you to send customers custom tailored offers.
- Send rewards when they spend $X dollars or accumulate a certain amount of points.
- Send reminders to visit your business after a certain amount of days of inactivity.
- Customer Engagement Scoring
- Identify your most engaged customers, by assigning point values for marketing activities
- Example: 10 points for opening an email in last 30 days, 10 points for visiting your website etc
For more information on marketing automation or email marketing in general, please contact Right Place Media.